To import your teachers into Class Creator you will need to download our template, copy and paste your teacher's data into the template and upload it using our in-app wizard.
2.Click Teachers on the left-hand side navigation menu
3. Click the Import Teachers button
4. Select Download Template
5. Open the template in Excel.
6. Copy and Paste in the required data into the template:
- First Name
- Last name
- Current Class/Homeroom
(Current Class is used to assign a teacher to their students in the survey. Therefore a teacher’s Current Class must match their students Current Class EXACTLY. Teacher “6B” & Students “06B” or “6_B” will result in the teacher having no students in their survey.)
- Email Address
(Used to email a teacher their login details and survey.)
7. Save the template on your computer.
8. Return to Teachers page in Class Creator.
9. Click Import Teachers.
10. Data to import- Select the type of file you are uploading (XLS or CSV).
11. Verify data- Class Creator will check you have entered your data correctly. If there are any errors the will appear red, so you can fix them on your spreadsheet and try the upload again.
12. Import Options - Select what you wish to do with the teachers currently in your database.
Delete all existing teachers?
This will delete all the teachers in the database. This can not be undone. This option is usually for schools that have made a mistake with their original import or wish to import all teachers to “start fresh” for a new academic year and avoid having duplicated teachers.
Note: Unlike previous versions of Class Creator you do not have to set a default password for teachers.
13. Confirm Details - Here you can check your spreadsheet and decision to delete/keep existing teachers are correct before you press Import.
14. Click Import. Your teachers may take a moment to upload, depending on your number of teachers and internet speed.
If you have any questions please let us know: email@example.com
We're here to help :-)